Approximately 147 kilometers from Manila is The Science city of Munoz, NE
This was our last stop before we head back to Marikina from where we started.
By this time, we already looped around Luzon counter-clockwise and this is the 5th day.
We left Vigan at around 8AM. We visited Manaoag Church in Pangasinan at around 12 PM. We had lunch there.
We rested for a while. As it gets dark, we pitched our tents and headed for the market to get some raw fish to cook.
We got some catfish. It’s grillin’ time.
We had a good meal that night.
This is grilled milkfish or BANGUS. (oh so sweet) with chili and fish paste sauce
Of course, the PINAKBET [sauteed mixed veggies] fav of the ilocanos
And finally, sauteed mongo beans with shrimps and leafy veggies. I like it!
These are all eaten with rice.
Here is something about Munoz:
The Science City of Muñoz capitalizes on the presence of the various Research and development Centers and other related institutions to advance its mission, that is: to unite this institutions and establish a common direction in transforming the countryside into a huge learning laboratory for technology promotion, rural development, productivity and profitability, and educational and agro-tourism, and center for culture and the arts.
Center of Excellence & Major Knowledge Node in Food Security Research and Development
- Philippine Rice Research Institute (PhilRice)
- Central Luzon State University (CLSU)
- Philippine Carabao Center (PCC)
- PHILMECH – Philippine Center for Postharvest Development and Mechanization formerly known as
- Bureau of Postharvest Research and Extension (BPRE)
- Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
- National Freshwater and Fisheries Training and Research Center (NFFTRC)
- National Irrigation Administration – Casecnan Multi-purpose Irrigation and Power Project (NIA-CMIPP)
- National Irrigation Administration – Upper Pampanga River Integrated Irrigation System (NIA-UPRIIS)
- Department of Environmental & Natural Resources (DENR)
- Department of Science & Technology – Provincial Science & Technology Center – (DOST –NE )
- Regional Science & Training Center (RSTC)
- Philippine-Sino Center for Agriculture Technology (PhilsCAT)
- National Small Ruminant Center (NSRC)
- Soil and Water Resources Management Center(SWRMC)
- Regional Crop Protection Center (RCPC)
- Ramon Magsaysay Center for Agricultural Resources and Environmental Studies (RMCARES)
- Fruits and Vegetables Seeds Center (FVSC)
- Philippine-Israel Center for Agricultural Technology (PICAT)